Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Collage Fiction

Okay I haven't actually seen or read this book yet (released next month), but so far, I WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF THIS! I love collage. Really it's the only kind of art I'm good at, and I love putting odd bits of things together on a page. Plus I love mysteries, so putting collage and mystery together? Genius. Anyway, I am very excited by this book and hope it does not disappoint:

Journal: The Short Life and Mysterious Death of Amy Zoe Mason by Joyce and Kristine Atkinson
A page-by-page series of clues and revelations documenting an artist's mysterious fate, presented in a format reminiscent of the Griffin and Sabine series and comprised of collage-style newspaper clippings, e-mails, and private writings, invites readers to search its pages for visual and verbal clues. 100,000 first printing.

(I also greatly enjoy the Griffin and Sabine books. Kind of an odd story and gorgeous to look at.)

No comments: