Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mysteries

I just finished Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs. I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed in this one and was also disappointed in the last one. (She seemed to try to be cashing in on the Da Vinci Code thing with Cross Bones.) I wasn't super into the case in Break No Bones, and Pete vs. Ryan--really!? I just don't think there's much comparison between the philandering lawyer and the hunky Montreal detective. Despite my lackluster feelings about the new book, I do now have a serious urge to visit the Lowcountry.

Sadly, I am now without a new forensic mystery for awhile. Terrible. Patricia Cornwell's new book isn't out until October, and I'm waiting for a new book from Erin Hart, who writes about a forensic pathologist. Come on Erin--I am in serious suspense! If you're into forensic mysteries, all things Irish, or bogmen and haven't read her books, check them out:

Haunted Ground by Erin Hart
The Irish landscape holds secrets past and present as archaeologist Cormac O'Callaghan and pathologist Nora Gavin encounter a mystery when a decapitated woman is found in the bogs who may be related to a recent mother/child disappearance.



Lake of Sorrows by Erin Hart
In a follow-up to Haunted Ground, pathologist Nora Gavin investigates two bodies discovered at the site of an Irish midland industrial site--one ancient, the other recent--and teams up with archaeologist Cormac Maguire, with whom she has fallen in love, for an unexpectedly dangerous case.

1 comment:

Jackie Parker said...

Death, sex, and more gory death. I'll stick with angst-y teens. Thanks. ;)